I use affiliate links on my blog. When you click on my links, I may make a commission. Thank you!
Great Wolf Lodge is a great place to take a vacation, but this can be a really expensive trip. They are located all over the United States, but so far, we have only been to the one in Grapevine, Texas and the one in Kansas City, Missouri. We have been several times and from those trips, we have been able to pick up on a few ways to save money. If you want to go, but feel like it is out of your budget, there are ways that you can make it work. Use these tips to help you out if you are going to try to take a trip to Great Wolf Lodge on a budget.
- Take your own alcohol…seriously. They are going to charge you a fortune for the drinks. If you plan on drinking, the hotel and the water park are all really close together. You can simply go back to your room and make your own drinks. We took our own soda plus a bottle of liquor and saved a fortune! You can also take bottled water along. There is a fridge in the room.
- Make sure you don’t forget things at home when you pack. You can get swimsuits and sunscreen at Great Wolf Lodge, but it will cost you a lot more. If you do forget it, run to a nearby Wal-Mart or Target. The prices at the resort are insane!
- Get a pedicure before you leave home. If you have little girls, they are going to love the idea of the Scooops Kid’s Spa. If you want to do this on your trip fine, but it can end up costing you a small fortune. If you get a pedicure at home before you leave, then it is done and then you have a great excuse for why you don’t want to pay to do it while you are there.
- Make plans to go out to eat. You can eat at Great Wolf Lodge, but the cost is pretty high. If you go somewhere else to eat, then you can have a fun experience and save some money. The pizza at Great Wolf Lodge is pretty affordable and amazing if you want to eat while you are there.
- You can often find great deals at Groupon. They offer a discount every so often and they are worth checking out and then booking the dates that they have sales. Also, make sure you join their e-mail club because they will send out discount codes randomly. The military code is HEROES.
- On the day you check-in you can start using the water park before your room is even ready. You can use the locker room and get the vacation started before you can even check-in, which can add around three hours to your vacation.
If you have never been to Great Wolf Lodge, I would say this is a great trip to take the kids on. It has an indoor water park, arcade and a fun game called Magiquest where you run around the entire hotel with a wand and fight dragons. If you go, make sure you save your wand and you won’t need to buy a new one next time.
Do you have any great tips for saving money at Great Wolf Lodge? If so, let me know below!