I use affiliate links on my blog. When you click on my links, I may make a commission. Thank you!
Finding places that offer great family-friendly attractions may feel a bit overwhelming when looking at locations and cities on a broad scale. Instead of trying to focus on multiple different cities at once to try to find the best location for you and your family, why not zone in on a couple of options to research that you’ve always had your eye on? The benefit is that you can really take your time and explore all the attractions that the city has to offer rather than rushing to try to make a decision. One city that I’ve found that is super family-friendly is Chicago, Illinois. There are a ton of amazing family-friendly attractions that are well-suited for all different ages and so many options of things to see and sites to visit as well! If you are looking for a few great attractions for your family to visit in Chicago, here are some suggestions to help get you started.
Family-Friendly Attractions in Chicago, IL
- Shedd Aquarium. If you are looking for an amazing and unique adventure to explore with your family, then a visit to the Shedd Aquarium is a must. It’s full of facts, sea life and history plus the beauty of the architecture is something to see as well.
- Lincoln Park Zoo. Not only is the admission free to this zoo (bonus!), but it’s also a great way to enjoy the beauty of the animals smack dab in the middle of the city.
- Chicago Children’s Museum. Channel your inner child as well when visiting this exciting museum in Chicago! There is always something going on to help your child stay active and there are a ton of different ways that your child can enjoy some hands-on learning.
- Navy Pier. Would any trip to Chicago be complete with visiting the iconic Navy Pier? Fun, food and entertainment await, no matter what time of the day or night!
- Skydeck. Introduce your family to a view that is out of this world with a visit to Skydeck. When visiting the Skydeck, the view allows you to see everything, and almost feel as though you are floating in the air.
- Maggie Daley Park. Talk about a park that has it all! You can walk and enjoy the beauty in the summer and ice skate in the winter. Plus, they have a really cool climbing wall that is not only fun but challenging as well. If you are looking for an outdoor area that you and your family could spend the day in, this may be just the park for you!
- Wrigley Field. If you have some baseball fans in your family, then a trip to Wrigley Field is a must! Try to time it to catch a game when you’re in town and don’t forget the peanuts and crackerjacks!
- Chicago Riverwalk. When people say there is no place quite like this in the city, they are telling the truth. The Chicago Riverwalk is a one of a kind attraction that your family is sure to enjoy. There’s great food options, cruises available and play areas for the kids to enjoy as well! If you plan on visiting the Chicago area, add this to your list!
Chicago is a great city to visit that offers a ton of really amazing family-friendly attractions. While the suggested list above is all great to view, there are still so many other places that would be wonderful for you and your family. Do your research and find out what each person is hoping to see, and then plan accordingly! You may find that a few days in Chicago just isn’t enough to visit and explore all the wonderful attractions that the city has to offer!