I use affiliate links on my blog. When you click on my links, I may make a commission. Thank you!
Ever dream of staying in a treehouse and enjoying the silence and beauty of nature? The childhood dream of staying in a treehouse has been elevated at the Treehotel in Sweden. This is where celebrities, lifelong adventurers and those burnt out with the everyday crazy world of technology seek solace. The Treehotel in Northern Sweden is about to turn 10. Why should you plan on visiting this magical place?
The Treehotel Rooms
Each of the seven treehouses is considered a room. Each room has an incinerating toilet, with the sustainable Rukkamoinika water with 3 liters of water for washing your hands.
- The Bird’s Nest is the the room that looks like a ginormous bird’s nest. This room can hold up to four adults, and is popular with families. Entrance into this room is through a hanging ladder that takes you up to the hatch.
- The Mirror Cube looks like it magically disappears into the landscape. This double room has a secret balcony that allows guests to go outside, sight unseen. Entrance into the room is a suspension bridge.
- The Cabin offers some of the best views of the Luleå River and surrounding forest. This double room with balcony is entered by walking through a dramatic, long bridge into the treehouse.
- Dragonfly is the second largest room, offering two bedrooms, generous seating area and enormous windows that look out into the endless forest. This is ideal for two couples, a family, or a mini-conference.
- The Blue Cone is actually red, a bit of an inside joke and is quite beautiful in its vivid color. There is one double room and a loft with two single beds, comfortable for four people. The entrance is wheelchair accessible.
- The 7th Room is the largest of all the rooms. with multiple levels, panoramic views, two bedrooms and five beds. There is even an eco-friendly shower. The feature of this room is the skylights, perfect for gazing at the Northern Lights.
- The UFO room is perfect for small groups or families, this room has 5 beds, one double and three single. Like The Bird’s Nest, there is a hanging ladder that takes you inside of this magical room.
Nordic Cuisine At The Restaurant
The restaurant at the Treehotel serves up elegant fresh and local Nordic cuisine. For example, this cuisine includes moose or reindeer, fresh berries, mushrooms and other forest delights. Above all, everything starting with the fresh bread is made on premises. You can enjoy our meal out on the ice, in your room or at the restaurant itself.
A Celebrity Destination
Where do celebrities unwind and relax? The Treehotel in Northern Sweden in Swedish Lapland. This is where celebs like Justin Bieber, Kate Moss, Solange Knowles, Karlie Kloss and even Frodo himself, Elijah Wood have stayed here. But it is not only for celebrities seeking solace from the paparazzi. Anyone who dreams of staying in an enchanted forest, in a bespoke room, way up in the trees, needs to stay at the Treehotel. Therefore, this is a place for couples, friends and families who want a magical experience up in the trees. Most of all, are you ready to live like a celebrity?
In addition, the Treehotel was even featured on Treehouse Masters International. Master treehouse builder Pete Nelson was in awe of the Treehotel rooms. Unlike his technique of actually building the treehouse up in the trees. After that, the rooms at the Treehotel are all built on the ground and then hoisted up and safely secured to trees.
What Activities Are Offered At The Treehotel?
Firstly, what sorts of activities can you participate in at the Treehotel? Most importantly, this is the land of the Midnight Sun in the summer, and the Northern Lights in the winter. Therefore, there is a cornucopia of outdoor activities to enjoy. Consequently, some of these activities include:
- Snowmobiling tours from full day safari to an evening trip in search of the Northern Lights.
- Storforsen is the largest untamed water rapids in Europe. This magnificent natural site is only an hour away. There, you can enjoy walking around the walks to the balcony area adjacent to the rushing water. A chef accommodates you and prepares a meal over an open fire, to allow you to savor this experience.
- Kayaking in the peaceful Luleå River, surrounded by untamed forest.
- Fishing expeditions, both summer and ice fishing.
- Hiking excursions. There are several hiking excursions from an easy hike to a full-day hike. Enjoy the forests and beauty of Swedish Lapland.
- Yoga classes at Treehotel include yoga on ice.
- Dog Sledding is a popular activity around the Treehotel. There is nothing like running into the vast forest with a team of enthusiastic huskies.
- Sami cultural experiences are available for guests. These activities range from visiting a Sami homestead to a reindeer sled tour.
- Photography opportunities with guides are available for all times of the year. You can capture the awesome Northern Lights or the beauty of the Taiga Forest.
- Horseback Riding through the endless forest that has no boundaries is a must when visiting.
- Sauna and snacks at the Treehotel’s small and large sauna is another authentic Swedish experience.
How To Get To Treehotel Sweden
You can reach the Treehotel by several methods. First, you can go by sleeper train from Stockholm to Boden. After that, have the hotel arrange transportation from the train station to the hotel. However, if you prefer to fly, take the one-hour flight from Stockholm to Luleå. Subsequently, when arriving at your destination, here a member of the hotel will drive you the one hour west to Harads. There is also a helicopter landing pad at the Treehotel, for those high-profile, private landings.